Having a boy and a girl is a dream come true to many.. and thankfully i have been bless to be living in that dream. I wouldn’t say my life is perfect having these 2 little angels but it most certainly has brought me much joy, crazy, chaos, messy yet glorious life having them by my side. Truth is life is beautifully twisted when your children are just under two years apart. Here are some eyebrow raising facts about raising one of each..
- They play, fight, scream, laugh, tease, annoy and cry at each other. This can be both a pretty and ugly sight. They can be fighting one minute and hugging and kissing the very next! (i totally don’t get it!) I often try to explain the idea of taking turns, being polite and manners.. but kids being kids.. mischief is in their blood.
- They often get mistaken as twins. My daughter being a tad bit on a smaller scale in size very often is mistaken to be the same age as her little brother. Non the less, her mom is also pretty petite in size as well.. so thats understandable to my context.
- They play with each others toys. This is inevitable! No matter how hard i try to explain cars is for boys and hello kitty is for girls.. i do sometime see my son playing with his sisters toys every now and then. Truthfully.. it drives me nuts!!! >.<
- They copy each other most of the time. It can be pretty irritating when one child say they don’t eat greens and the very next second you hear the second child say he doesn’t as well. (it drives me craaaazzzy at times!) But there can be good moments to it as well, for instance potty training was a bliss because my son follows his sister to the toilet for both big and small business*
- They share the same clothes. As mentioned earlier, my daughter is slightly on the smaller size, hence on some occasions they do share the same clothes and shoes as well. 😛
Do you have a boy and a girl, or perhaps going to have one?
I would say enjoy and embrace every little moment watching them grow side by side along with each other as these are simply just precious…well, in my context it’s forever going to be
embarked etched in my heart.
Hi there! My name is Eve, a momma of 2 magically adorable kids, a wife to a fantastic husband Andrew, a parenting, lifestyle, beauty, fitness, fashion, entertainment, food and health blogger who simply loves to share thoughts and share reviews.
Read along as i venture into an amazing life as a wife, parent and blogger…
For Advertorial/Sponsorship please contact me at
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org